The Middle School Curriculum is up to date. All subjects are computer/technology based. Our learning will be one-to-one. Each student will have his/her own Dell laptop. The student’s day will consist of innovative scheduling. Besides core subjects, our students will be taught Spanish, Art,
Music, Band, and PE.
- Math lessons will be interactive and projects will consist of real life examples.
- Students will compete in math competitions.
- Althoff’s Honor’s Algebra class will be offered to 8th graders. When completed the students will earn high school credit to Althoff.
- A newly remodeled and evolving science lab will be available to all students.
- The science lab with equipped with up to date technology
- Students will be given the opportunity to join a science club as an extracurricular activity.
- A green space with be set aside to be used by the science class and/or the science club.
- Daily news will be incorporated into the weekly lesson plans.
- Lessons will contain real life connections to history.
- Language Arts consists of English, Reading, and Spelling.
- Students will develop portfolios that have an emphasis on students writing.
- Project-based learning
- Podcasts, audio books, book/story writing
- Sacramental preparations will continue for Confirmandi.
- A Nun will be our Director of Religious Education
- Priests will be present.
- Extracurricular activities, such as Junior St. Vincent de Paul Society will be offered.
- Long-range Confirmation prep with an emphasis on service projects.
- Involved in Catholic Relief Services / World Missions
- Religion projects will emphasis Church History , Sacraments, etc
- Guest speakers will be invited to give real life connections to Religion.
- School contains an on-site chapel
- One-to-one technology for students
- Teachers will teach using interactive white boards, laptops, and/or tablets
- On site production room where students can produce their own videos
- Students will produce videos and technology-based presentations for various subjects.
- Students will be exposed to cutting edge technology, such as 3D printers. Students will be exposed and learn how to use a 3D printer.
Activities (Based on Curriculum)
- Active Scholar Bowl teams/equipment
- Speech team
- Math team
- Chess Club
- Science Club
Learning “Beyond the Walls”
- Connection to YMCA (PE, Sports, Fitness, Swimming, facilities, equipment, personnel)
- Connection to Health Care Offices (science, career observation)
- Connection to Belleville News Democrat (writing/publishing)
- Connection to Business Community (banking/life skills/personal accounting-budget)
- Connection to Cottages Senior Living (inter-generational learning)
- Connection to Arts (Art on Square; year-round opportunities)
- Connection to St Louis Art Museum (through art teacher)
- Connection to Civic-Legal Centers (court house / city hall / first responders)
- Connection to Lindenwood / SWIC (student teaching / mentors / visiting campus)
- Connection to Catholic Radio (WRYT) several times each year
- Connection to History museums (Social studies)
- Connections to SAFB – visitors / speakers
- Connection to Liturgical Life of Cathedral (servers /youth music / docents/ greeters)